Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 118 April 29, 2010

Yesterday, my husband and I went to Gardner Village to have lunch. We took advantage of the opportunity to walk through the country store there, afterwards. I spotted this little mason jar with "electronic" Fireflies inside. OHHH, they are just the cutest little things. We had to buy them. I set them in the bedroom, and everytime I woke up momentarily, they were so fun to look at. I have only seen real fireflies once in my life. Several years ago, I was with my daughter in Nauvoo Illinois. The fireflies were all over in the trees along the Mississippi River. I couldn't believe how they looked like little lights blinking on and off. These little electronic flies fade in and out with their lights too. SO Cute!!! I experimented with different exposures and I liked this one the best, because the jar is visible.

6 comments:

  1. Too fun!! I miss the fireflies I used to catch as a kid when we lived in the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have tons of fireflies where I live. We called them lightening bugs :) They are a fun treat in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite photos!!! I love the lighting in the picture -
    great capture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't realize that lightning bugs weren't everywhere. I've lived in the midwest and now south so have been lucky enough to seen them all my life. The ones in a jar are precious! My kids would love them. Much more humane than us putting them in a jar and putting them on their nightstands, or worse yet, pulling their 'lights' off and sticking them on our ring fingers to have glow rings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I didn't realize that lightening bugs weren't everywhere either. I guess you should never take things for granted. We can see them for miles on a summer night. I LOVE that light!!!!! The texture behind it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all of your nice comments. Glow rings??? Really??? That sounds like something kids would do. I don't know if I will ever see real lightning bugs in my life a again, but I think they are the coolest thing! It is true that we should never take anything for granted.

    ReplyDelete