Monday, November 14, 2011

Fake Fire

I need a fake fire to use in the church next Tuesday for my activity day. It is for "Camp Thankful"....and I want the room to resemble a real campground with a fire. The girls made Gratitude Journals last Tuesday, where they are recording their thoughts about what is meaningful to them each day. Next week in our little "camp" they will share those things they recorded. I was happy to find someone who had this fake fire to loan me. It is a left over from an advertisement during the winter Olympics here a few years ago. I can improve how good it looks before next week, but I am impressed with this flame. It flickers and dances around, looking very real.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the "thankful journal" - I think I'm going to do that with my first graders every day between now and Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the idea of the gratitude journal. On Tuesday night, Randi had to write in her Girl Scout journal about what she was thankful about in her GS journey...she had a hard time defining her answers. It made me realize I need to start helping her recognize and verbalize all she has to be thankful for. You are doing such a wonderful thing for the girls you work with.

    ReplyDelete