Saturday, June 25, 2011

Thinking About Dad

I am still not well....so I will just put up an old photo tonight. I have been thinking about my father all day today. Nineteen years ago today, June 26, 1992, he passed away in a terrible motorhome fire. Rather than dwell on the details of that accident, I have been thinking about some of the good times I remember with him. I wish that I had made a better effort to be closer to him growing up. This photo was taken at the dance following my high school graduation. He was proud of me that night, and we were happy. It is one of my favorite photos with my dad. I miss him. He was a wonderful grandpa to my children.

8 comments:

  1. Why is it that we never really appreciate something until it is gone? If I can pass one lesson on to my kids it'll be to live in the moment like today is your last day, but I'm not sure they'll ever be able to truly grasp what that is all about until they've been through something like we've been through. I hope bearing my soul to them through my photos and stories might change that just a little.

    I love this picture of you and your father; you look beautiful and your Dad looks so happy. It was a good time in your life and I'm glad that is what you are focusing on right now. Thanks for always being there for me when times get tough, and let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you. Hope you're feeling better soon and know that I'm keeping you close to my heart and in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo of you and your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet photo of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine how you feel. I love this photo of you two. You can see the happiness from the photo beaming out. It's one to cherish for all time. So glad you have it.

    I hope that you are starting to feel better. I will keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful photo of the two of you! thank goodness for old photos to keep these memories alive and well in our hearts! i hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet memory of the two of you! Keep those happy, joyous times close to your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo is THE best! You look gorgeous and you both look so happy. Seeing photos like this and hearing stories to go along with them really make me happy that I'm documenting so much of our lives for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great picture! I dont think I've even seen this one before.

    ReplyDelete