Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 73 High School Dance Company

My granddaughter asked me to take a photo of her high school dance company to put on their Spring concert program. I went over today and this is the one she picked.
She is kneeling on the first step and is located to the right of the boy in the front. She has her hand on her hip and is wearing a drop necklace. (See her??) She will graduate this year.

Some of you asked questions about this. It was cloudy so I set the WB to cloudy. Manual settings. 50mm lens I took 30 pictures. ISO 400 f/16 SS 1/125 Two of the girls helped with where to place people... I made a few changes as we went along. They wanted to do their own poses. I figured, it's their thing so why not?

18 comments:

  1. What a fun picture! It reminds me of Glee. I think I would be intimidated in front of so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! how many shots did you need to take?! some of these girls are in crazy poses! i love this shot though... so full of life from these young kids. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! It's pretty cool that she asked you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job! Did you place them, too? What were the settings you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun shot! ... another beautiful granddaughter I see also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a big group to work with! You did a fantastic job, they must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have such creative shots! This is no exception. It's fun I like it and can see your granddaughter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great job! Very cool shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all their different poses. Cool shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes...different poses, but I like the variety! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great, I definitely see her!! That's exciting to be asked to take this photo...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Large groups can be tough to shoot, but you did a fabulous job! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still can't believe she is a senior....crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These r fantastic...I too would love to know your settings here. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here are my settings: manual 50mm l;ens
    it was dark with a total cloud cover..about to rain, so I set the WB on cloudy
    ISO 400
    SS 1/125
    f/16
    Remembering to shut down the aperature was what helped to get everything in focus. I usually forget. At 16, everyone was in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for sharing your settings :)

    ReplyDelete