Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 8, 2010

Since my husband was born and raised in Germany, we have adopted some German traditions, especially in connection with Christmas. One of my favorites is St Nicholas Day. On the night of Dec 5, shoes are left at the door for St Nick to fill with goodies. Long story short, in 44 years, this is the first year that we both forgot!!!! Then on the next night, neither of us were prepared, so the big day was last night, and we woke up to goodies in our shoes this morning. Ralph had a DVD he's been looking for, and a box of thin mints. I had my two favorite German candies and $10 in cash. My husband is crazy about $2.00 bills, so that's what Santa left for me.

1 comment:

  1. We used to do this too!! I keep forgetting to do it with my girls though! Next year I need to write it down on the calendar :O)

    ReplyDelete