Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 21, 2010

The Na Pali Coastline can be seen here from the land. We drove to the mountain top, and took photos from a number of lookouts along the way. This day it was drizzling rain off and on. If the sun had been out, it would have been much more colorful, and less hazy, but it was still an incredible sight.


Here is the coast line from the sea. There was a ton of moisture in the air. I hardly ever dared take my SLR out of the bag, so almost everything I got was with my point and shoot, and not my nice wide angle lens that I bought for this trip. That fact, made me a little sad, but it's still pretty impossible to take lousy photos of such beauty. Much of the time there was a mist falling, not to mention how sick I got on this boat. Getting great pictures was the last thing on my mind at this moment, when I took the little camera out for a few minutes. The view was incredible. It was so massive, and this is just a tiny little section of it.

Lastly...here it is from the air. The helicopter tour was incdredible!!!! We did get better photos than this one, however, they are not available at the moment. One camera card was accidentally deleted, and they are being retreived for us right now. We will pick them up tomorrow, and I may have to post a few more. The scenes from the air, literally took my breath away and sometimes brought me to tears. I have never seen anything so beautiful.

1 comment: