Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 38

Oh dear.....a self-portrait. Tomorrow is my birthday, so I thought this would be appropriate. The problem with turning 66 is that it is about the time when everything is really into sagging mode. Wrinkles seem to multiply overnight. Now, on someone else I would love the way age starts showing up, you know, how it's sort of artistic looking? But it is hard to take on yourself. I look in the mirror and do not recognize who this is anymore. May as well enjoy it though, because it is doubtful that it will get any better as time goes on.

6 comments:

  1. I think you look great! And wonderful job on the SP! I already feel like I don't recognize myself and I'm 32. Isn't it crazy how we all think of ourselves as a younger self? At least I do. I think I'll always be 25 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful! We're always our own worst critics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Beautiful at 66. Congratulations and Happy Birthday! Your composition and processing are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, you are beautiful! Wonderful self portrait. I struggle with them! Happy early Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete