Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14


My daughter, Becky, is learning to knit. Today, she asked me for some needles from her grandmother's knitting supplies. I dumped some things out of the knitting bag that has laid untouched for the past 20 months since the beloved, master knitter died. The needles spilled out like colorful "pick-up-sticks" onto the bed. Here they are against the backdrop of a beautiful sweater that she knitted for me. I miss her so....along with the clicking of her needles as she lovingly made many beautiful things for her family.

4 comments:

  1. Everything she knitted for our family will be TREASURED Forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a sweet picture to go with your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful memory. I wish I could knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture mom.
    I wish that I had asked grandma to teach me while she was still here. But I feel close to her when I hear my "needles clicking"!

    ReplyDelete